East Africa International Arbitration Conference
The MCCI Arbitration & Mediation Centre (MARC) is delighted to be a strategic partner of East Africa International Arbitration Conference (EAIAC) 2019.
EAIAC provides an excellent forum for International Arbitration professionals & users to network and create valuable synergy required to promote, profile and celebrate Africa’s International Arbitration & Arbitrators.
The conference will take place on 29th & 30th August 2019 at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
This year’s theme is ‘Government Contracting and Investment Disputes: Lessons for States and Investors‘. There is focus across the continent on investment in renewable energy, sustainable development, agriculture, healthcare, and education. How can governments and investors better contract? Disputes are expensive, even for the winner –can they be mitigated? Can damages be better assessed and recovered? Do African inter-national arbitration centres and practitioners have a place in investment arbitration?
The conference will explore the full spectrum of government contracting from procurement and PPPs (public private partnerships), tender disputes, dispute mitigation in government contracts, investment arbitration and arbitrating with governments in African centres. Click Here to download the conference brochure.
Conference discussions will focus on:
- Public Procurement, Private Public Partnerships (PPPs) and development.
- Dispute resolution options in government contracting (including tender disputes).
- Dispute mitigation strategies in government contracts (issues like liquidated damages, contract management, guarantees).
- East Africa investment treaties.
- Curbing impropriety in investments and in arbitration ( investor wrong-doing and fraud and corruption in arbitration).
- Diversity in investment arbitration - Myth or reality?
- Damages and investment arbitration costs.
- Investment arbitration in African centres.
- Fireside Chat: In beautiful hindsight conversation with Arbitration Users.
- Enhancing Capacity - Masterclass on Disputes and Clauses for commercial and in-house lawyers.
- Leadership in Arbitration - Preparing the next generation of Africa’s Arbitrators.
- Legal Practitioners
- Regional & International Investors
- Corporate Counsel
- Government Representative.
What's New for 2019 Conference?
- Breakout Sessions
- “Beat The Traffic” Nairobi Cocktail (29th August)
- Masterclasses/Training Sessions
- Awards Gala Dinner (30th August)
- Oxford Style Debates
- 2 CLE Points for LSK Members
- Power Breakfast Roundtable
- 1hr Speed Networking
Early Bird Fee: USD 375 (expires on 30th June 2019)
Standard Fee: USD 475